Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sugar and Spice

It's true: we're having another GIRL!

I'm really excited.

I'm excited for Claire to have a sister. I'm excited to see two little girls running around.

I'm most excited for my husband to be the father of two girls.

I have the same feeling I did when our good friend, Dewitt, and his wife, Jordan, found out they were having a daughter during their first pregnancy: more little girls need good daddies.

I have this thought any time I find out a friend is having a girl.

Maybe it's because I'm a therapist. Maybe it's because I had a great Dad.

Jeremy will be an amazing Daddy (already is) to our girls and I cannot wait to see our family grow together.

I have to include my three favorite quotes from Jeremy after we were letting the news of our newest little girl settle in:

"I need to make more money." (girls are expensive)

"We definitely need to put that bathroom in upstairs sooner than later."

"I need to buy more guns."

Have I mentioned before that I love him???

4 comments:

  1. LOVE everything about this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. One of the many reasons I like hanging around your house so much is because I like to see Jeremy being Claire's dad. I like to see what a good dad is supposed to be like, and it gives me hope that there are good ones out there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ally, you made me tear up a bit :) We love having you hang around our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sisters are such a blessing... I was so excited to hear that Claire will have a sister! Congratulations, Katy- great news! (Even if Ames was sure about a boy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete