Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Breakfast/Devos

Since Mary Jane arrived, Jeremy has pretty much been getting up with Claire every day. Mary Jane would often wake up to eat around 5 am and then give me a bit of a stretch of sleep so Jeremy would step in to be with Claire in the morning. Most mornings they share bowls of cereal. (Yes, they each start out with their own and then Claire tends to eat some of her Daddy's and/or feed him.)

This little morning tradition has evolved to them also reading their Bibles while they eat. We got Claire the Storybook Bible a while back and she LOVES it. So when Daddy started reading his, Claire got the idea to grab her own and they read together. I. Love. This.

I don't know if they do this every morning but it's been a lot of mornings lately. And it's encouraged me to read my own at some point in the day (usually in the morning too). It's such a different kind of encouragement when it comes as an example through your kids (and your spouse).

So thankful for my little family.

2 comments:

  1. we love reading the Jesus Storybook Bible with our girls at breakfast- so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little morning routine!

    ReplyDelete