Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Joy of Cooking

Claire learning to eat...

I love to cook. And I love to bake. I love trying new recipes and making something great. My favorite is finding a new recipe and realizing that all the ingredients needed are already in my pantry/refrigerator/freezer.

I'm watching Julie & Julia and it reminds me about how my dream job is to work in a bakery. Currently, food is a very prevalent theme in life. I have a lot of responsibility concerning food. I'm an eating disorders therapist. I'm a mom. I'm a wife. I do love my life. However, working in a bakery just seems like it would be a lot less stressful. My cousin, Kendall, would probably disagree. :)

So I thought I would post a recipe that I've been asked to share about 20 times in the last few months. It could not be easier, and I'm pretty sure I stole it from a Weight Watchers cookbook. No, we're not on WW; it just sounded like a yummy recipe.

BQ Pork
1 pork tenderloin, cut into a few big chunks
1 cup of BQ sauce
*Throw it all in your crockpot, low for 6-8 hrs or 3-4 hrs on high.
*Shred the pork in the sauce with a fork. Serve on buns or plain.
***We ALWAYS use Sweet Baby Ray's BQ sauce. I'm sure you'll see a future post dedicated to our family's love for it. I add some ketchup, a little chili powder, and some cayenne pepper. It comes out to be around a cup total. Use whatever variation you like. I've also been known to quadruple this recipe for big crowds and it turns out perfect.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment