Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LOST

Okay, I felt like I had to write a post dedicated to LOST.

First off, I love all of the different reactions to the finale. Some people hated it, some were disappointed, and some were happy with it. I went into it with an open mind, maybe because I was just so darn confused in the end, which I think allowed me to really enjoy it.

Here are the things I appreciated about the finale, and ultimately, about the series:

1: That the story ended with a focus on relationship. LOVED this about the finale. Definitely teared up during the Sun and Jin scene and the Claire and Charlie scene. Wow. Maybe it was the babies? Maybe, but I think I just loved them.

2: The emphasis on redemption for each person. Maybe it doesn't correlate with my personal beliefs exactly but I LOVE that theme.

3: So, yeah, not every question was answered and a lot of it still doesn't make a darn bit of sense. I chalk this up to being allowed to make your own interpretation and the fact that not all of our own stories make sense. Don't you ever wonder why things happen in your own life? Yes, I don't have random smoke monsters and polar bears showing up but I have my own questions. I like to think all those random things in LOST meant something to an individual character that we just don't know about.

4: I have been enthralled the entire series. I watched it from the very beginning when it first came on TV and remained loyal the entire time. Great story telling.

5: It was the perfect length of time. Another season would have just been too much. Good planning.

6: Seeing most of the cast together again. Why was this emotional? Oh yeah, I've invested a lot of time in this show. Such great characters.

I know you may not agree with my own interpretation but I think that is the beauty of the show. Thanks, LOST, it was a good run.

No comments:

Post a Comment