Saturday, September 25, 2010

6 whole years


Two of the funniest conversations I've had in awhile:

Texting between my BFF Cami and I on Tuesday:
Me: I just found out that Jeremy has never heard the song "You never even called me by my name" by David Allen Coe. I even sang part of it for him.
Cami: How did you marry him? Didn't he live in Georgia for a while?
Me: Yeah, I can't believe it. I think you have to know every word of it before you graduate from high school.
Cami: I'm pretty sure it's part of the driving test.

Talking to Jeremy last night. He mentioned "Voltron":
Me: What's Voltron?
Jeremy: You're kidding me. (I think his heart stopped for a minute)
Me: Um, no.
Jeremy: How did I marry you?!
And then he went into a lengthy description that included singing the the theme song, and I still had no recollection. There was also mention that my lack of knowledge was from not having a brother, therefore, Claire and MJ would need more siblings.

There are a million reasons why I'm thankful to be married to Jeremy, despite our differences in music and cartoons.

Happy 6 year Anniversary, husband! You're a great husband and dad, and I love you!
Here's to lots more years of laughing.

3 comments:

  1. never heard of that song either, but I LOVED Voltron as a kid. Happy Anniversary to you both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mis, I feel like we're discovering more and more how you and Jeremy are alike. :) I'm a little sad that the majority of folks around here would agree with you though! (on not knowing this song)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song! It was on my list of favorite country songs of all time! DAC is a hero And, I've never heard of Voltron. Sounds stupid.
    I think Missy could be a better match for most of our husbands.

    ReplyDelete