Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Still here...

So you know you've neglected your blog when you can't even remember the web address. I literally had to go to two other blogs until I found a link to my own. Oops.

The biggest news around our house (other than me being 27 weeks pregnant- YIKES) is that Claire has suddenly started talking. Yes, she's said a few words here and there but now it's more of mutual communication. It kind of freaks me out. The first time this happened was last week when Claire ask, "More?" at breakfast. I replied, "Would you like more fruit?" And she said, "More." Again. I was totally shocked. You can tell she's understood things for a while but it's fun to have her use words to communicate back. She repeats a lot of things but has a pretty solid list of words she frequently uses.

Here is a list of Claire's current vocabulary:
**"flop-flops"- flip flops (and you have to stick your tongue out as you say it)
**"mama", "mom", "mommy"- when she says "mom" it's about 15 times in a row and trying to get my attention
**"dada", "daddy", "papa"- and she asks for him a million times a day
**"water"- which actually really sounds like water
**"milk"- same thing
**"night night"- bedtime, naptime, or goodnight
**"no"- this is becoming her favorite response
**"appy"- apple or sometimes other various things
**"di"- Diane, our cat. she chases her around yelling "DI!" very funny
**"jack"- the dog, of course
**"more"- this is her asking for food
**"peas"- her favorite vegetable and the one or 2 times I've gotten her to say "please"
**"binkie"- the love of her life. she only gets a pacifier when she going to sleep. she knows where they are and will bang on the drawer when she's tired.

And her list of animal noises she can do:
cow, monkey, sheep, horse, pig, kitty

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile so big! Absolutely can't WAIT to see y'all in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete