Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little Mama

Claire's going to be a great big sister. She has already had practice over at the Peel's with baby Emma. Jill has taught her how to be "gentle" with her baby girl and has even let Claire give Emma a bottle! I'm grateful for such a great friend who also cares for my girl one day a week.

Claire has also been practicing at home. A few months ago I showed Claire how to give her doll a bottle and she's been doing it ever since. Then about a month ago I swaddled her doll and we instantly had a new game. Yesterday, I watched Claire climb her changing table, doll in tow. Claire laid her doll down and pretended to change her diaper pulling out a wipe and everything. No lie. I was totally floored!!!

Well, tonight I realized she had gotten awfully quiet in her room. I walked in to find her tucking her doll in to sleep in the bouncy seat. Claire was putting covers around her and saying, "Night night." It was absolutely adorable. I managed to get a pretty good picture as she played next to her "sleeping" baby before Claire got tucked in herself.

1 comment: