Thursday, April 7, 2011

Superheros

Claire got this superhero a while back.

She says that he's Daddy when the REAL Daddy is at work.

Today she also told me that Daddy is Batman.

It makes me laugh and makes my heart feel full.

Claire doesn't understand who Batman is or what a superhero is.

BUT I can tell that she already believes, at two years old, that her Daddy is one of the greatest people on earth. (her mama being the other one!) She already looks at him like he has every answer and can do anything. Like every little girl SHOULD view her Daddy. I love that she always wants him to look at her and admire her.

Claire's Daddy loves her very well.
My girls are so incredibly blessed.

It's also worth noting that my own Dad has been gone four years now, in March. How can it be that long? He would love these little girls so very much. And they would adore him.

As we grow up, we learn that even superheros have faults.

After all, they are human.

But the good Daddies have superhero powers that outweigh their faults.

I'm married to one of the good ones.

And my Dad was one of the good ones.

And I still think of my Dad as a man who could do anything and got things done.
Pretty great superhero qualities.


7 comments:

  1. You just made me cry. Yes, you married one of the good ones and I would have loved to have met your father. I think Sam's dad would have Loved to meet Poppy his namesake and then Charlie but I'm just grateful I had the time with him that I did. Okay now I'm really crying. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying along with you, friend. And you married a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm crying, too! I agree with everything in this post - very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot even begin to explain... I know that I've told you this before, but one of the huge reasons I love being at your house is because you both teach me so much about what it means to love your children, and you both paint such a beautiful example of what I hope my life looks like in the future. You are a good one, Katy, and you teach me what it means to be a woman of Christ. You married a good one, and he has taught me most of what I know about how very good a husband and father can really be. You both inspire me to love Jesus more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ally, we love you very much! And we're glad you're a part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ally,

    Your kind words mean more to me than you'll probably realize. Thank you. And please know that we love you very much. I'll echo Katy's words, I'm very happy you're a part of our family as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm crying too :)
    K- your dad would be so proud. of you. of your family. seriously. so proud.

    ReplyDelete