Monday, August 16, 2010

Miserable

Yes, I'm miserable.

I went back to the doctor today. Since Friday, I've had the worst headache I've ever had in my life. I've never been prone to headaches but this pregnancy has been a different story. Tylenol wasn't doing a darn thing and it wasn't going away. With the concern of HELLP Syndrome coming back, the doctor's office told me to come in today to make sure everything else was normal.

HELLP is what I developed at 33 1/2 weeks with Claire. You can look up all the scary, yucky details. I got it pretty early, although it doesn't develop earlier than the 3rd trimester. I have to be cautious now.

Good news, though, because everything is normal and I have a migraine. I finally had some relief this afternoon after taking Excedrin which my nurse practitioner suggested I take. Now it's worn off and I can't take anymore because I'll be up all night due to the caffeine. Luckily, the headache hasn't interrupted my sleep. Just normal pregnancy-induced insomnia does that. :)

So I type all of this NOT to try to make you feel sorry for me or to get remedies or anything of the sort. I type this so that you might say a prayer if you think about it, praying that I would remain healthy so that Mary-Jane (yes, our youngest daughter) would be born at the best time for her- preferably full-term.

I was reminded today as I went to the doctor about how precious and fragile pregnancy really is. I complain about it a lot and don't always love being pregnant. But thank the Lord He's given us two children that we get to take care of and enjoy. I try to not take that for granted and appreciate this great blessing. Headaches and all.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Mary-Jane (love the hyphen!!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you've been feeling bad again. Will pray for y'all.

    ReplyDelete