Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oh say can you see...



This American flag is hanging in our family room. You've probably seen it next to our front door.

For a long time, I pushed that flag around, not thinking about where it came from but not knowing what to do with a cheap flag. I mean, you can't just throw it out, right?

Then I finally asked Jeremy one day about it. I somehow missed the fact that this was the American flag I was holding when Jeremy came home from Iraq. And I somehow missed the fact that my sweet husband had saved it all this time.

So I framed it a few months ago. I'm going to hang some pictures with it soon.

You can see the flag in the picture below, too. I absolutely love these pictures and remembering that day and night.

The pictures are a bit out of order, but you get the idea.




I'm so proud of Jeremy.
This will always be one of my greatest memories.

Thanks for sharing it with me.
And now you know the significance of THIS particular flag. I love how it looks framed. I imagine our girls treating it with such importance and value some day.








3 comments:

  1. love love love- your girls will cherish that flag & the memories that go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn you, I am now crying. Sweetest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete