Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Operation "Give mama a break"

Last weekend my sister, Amy, came to visit. I did not plan this but the weekend became focused on getting Mary Jane more used to being away from me. Amy actually tried to visit the two previous weekends but things kept getting in the way. I'm now convinced that the Lord knew I needed her this past weekend.

I won't give you all the boring details of the weekend. I'll give you the highlights: Amy, Jeremy, and I were all able to give her bottles, MJ stayed with Amy a few hours alone and slept almost the whole time, and both Amy and Jeremy were able to get her to calm down.

THIS IS HUGE!

I really want to go on a girls' trip this weekend and now I can. But most importantly, I feel like my little girl and I have turned a corner. And I'm one happy mama! I think it's a combination of trying to be persistent the last week or so, MJ getting bigger/older, and sweet friends praying. (Speaking of which, please pray this weekend goes smoothly!)

My girl still prefers me but now I have a little breathing room. Which makes me a better and happier mama. Thank you, Jesus!

And thank you to my sister and husband for loving me through the crazy fog. Gotta love having an infant....

No comments:

Post a Comment