Sunday, June 5, 2011

Contest

I mentioned in a previous post that I took a class with Fresh Art Photography. Well, they are hosting a contest this weekend for all of us who took this class in April. They are announcing the winner tomorrow.

And how am I?

Freaking. Out. I feel like I'm back in graduate school again when professors and classmates would listen to tapes of my counseling sessions. (sidenote: I had written consent from all of my clients)

These women, who are talented and professionals, are CRITIQUING MY WORK.

Okay, my freak out is over. I feel a bit better. Seriously.

On top of just a contest in itself, the topic could NOT BE ANY MORE DIFFICULT:

a portrait of yourself.

Really? ME? Why not cute kids? A cute dog? Flowers?

We were challenged to be creative, so I started with this question:

Who am I?

My answer: God's daughter, Wife, Mama, sister, daughter, friend, counselor, learning to take pictures, learning to garden, cook, baker.....

How in the %*&$ do you photograph any of THAT????

Okay, before you throw out a million ideas that probably popped into your ahead, please read ahead.

How do you photograph those things when you wonder how good you are at any of them? Especially when you have two small kiddos that suck the energy out of you? Especially when you feel tired, stretched, challenged? Especially when you're finally adjusting to living out a calling as a counselor, raising two little people, trying to invest in friendships, and trying to love your husband well?

Uh, narrow THAT down to one picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after tons of pictures, I got it. A picture that sums up the me I've always been, with the addition of the person I've become. You'll get this if you know me well.

And, no, I'm not showing you the picture yet. I'll post it tomorrow after the winner is revealed... so until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment