Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Obsessed

I have an obsession.

I re-arrange things in my house CONSTANTLY.

I didn't realize anyone noticed until my friend, Ally, pointed out that it was normal for her to come over and something be in a different place.

I know it's because my house isn't exactly the way I want it to be. I know what I want but getting there, on a budget, has been a process. Plus, now that I'm settling into mommy-hood and have my work schedule under control, I'm itching to get creative and make things for the house. Which may be the hold up because I don't have a sewing machine yet and I have a 1000 ideas I want to try, all at once. And I'm realizing that what I want for this house is pretty different from my old house in GA. (Even though we've lived here over 2 years now)

Plus, there are a few things I just can't get right in my house. For example, the wall above the couch and my entire bedroom. And the fact that I want new couch pillows and to paint our entire front room.

The design blogs I've been stalking are definitely not helping. I'm not looking to re-design my house; I just want to be surrounded by things I love and that make me happy. Especially since I'll be more home-bound with #2 coming in December.

So I thought blogging about it might help alleviate some of my obsessive thoughts as I chill out and watch some TV. I'm trying to remember things my good friend Greta has said: "Don't over think it" and "Don't get too matchy." She's overflowing with creativity and her house is a product of it.

So back to my TV watching.... after I move the picture from above my couch.

3 comments:

  1. Lol...I am the same way. As if my crap will magically not be so crappy if I move it into the corner of the guest bedroom! I do it with extra plants in my pots too.
    PS What about a group of like 4 photos or something like plates but not plates over your couch? If your couch is still in the same place! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I like it when I appear in your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda- I guess I should have clarified. Mostly I don't like where things are- I really do love most of what's in my house.

    Ally- how in the world are you on the internet?!

    ReplyDelete