Friday, November 19, 2010

Seriously?!


This may have been one of the craziest experiences ever. Because it was so normal.

On Monday I went to the doctor. She told me that MJ had dropped very low and that she thought I would go into labor in a week or two.

At 2am THAT NIGHT my water broke. Yes, like in the movies. I woke up Jeremy and we headed to the hospital. It was that simple.

13 hours later, we met our sweet, little Mary Jane. Everything was so textbook and simple. COMPLETELY different from the days leading up to meeting Claire. I'm thankful for my sweet girls, and for the great and opposite birth stories I have with each.

Btw, MJ is "glowing" in the first picture from a bili-blanket we had for about 24 hours because she's a little bit jaundice. She gets checked again in the morning and, hopefully, it won't be an issue anymore!

4 comments:

  1. I hope everyone notices that Claire was in the process of playing a game called "Sock Hands" when the top picture was taken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so cute!! Claire is either looking at Mary Jane so sweetly or with great cunning for her next move. By the way, you look wonderful, Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so thrilled for you and Jeremy. God is so so so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TOTALLY noticed the sock hands! Yea!!

    ReplyDelete