Wednesday, November 10, 2010

There's no place like home

Home. I'm glad to be sitting on my couch, watching the CMA awards with the husband playing video games in the same room and the kiddo upstairs asleep. (The same kiddo who said, "Night-night" at 6:30pm and proceeded to take herself upstairs to bed.)

Here's the run-down of this week so far:
on Monday I went to the doctor for a check-up. My blood pressure was up (150/100) and didn't go down after I laid down for a bit. The doctor sent me upstairs to the labor and delivery floor to get checked out and immediate blood work. Contractions got closer together and I was in a bit of pain. I really hadn't felt good the past couple of days. The doctor was able to stop the contractions and keep me from progressing any further into labor with a Tributelene (sp?) shot. A shot that makes your heart race and makes you shaky for about an hour. I was then admitted into the hospital to figure out what was up with the pain I felt. After another day and half in the hospital, we found out my gall bladder is inflamed. And all the JUNK I've been eating this pregnancy has not helped.

I got to go home this afternoon with orders to stop working, stay on bed rest, and stay away from super fatty foods.

Mary Jane is great. All week she's had a super strong heart beat and hasn't slowed down her movement.

So now I'm at home, grateful to be here and continue the pregnancy. I'm still in some pain which is really uncomfortable but I'll live. I'm more annoyed by the fact that my throat is starting to hurt...

No comments:

Post a Comment