Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Martin Kitchen, part 2

Okay, so here is what I've decided.

1. We're not buying anymore Tyson chicken. (we have always been huge fans of the chicken nuggets, in particular)

2. I'm going to look for grass-fed beef when I can, and I will be more particular about meat.

3. I'm going to start shopping for locally grown fruits and veggies.

4. When shopping at the grocery store, I'm going to focus on buying fruits and veggies that are in season.

5. I'm going to continue baking our bread and other things from scratch. Something I already do and love.

Basically, the way I'm shopping will change, and nothing too drastic. Although, I think these changes are good and a big deal in the long run.

It was a very interesting documentary, in that, it really made me think.

If you watch it, let me know. I'd love to talk about it.

2 comments:

  1. This inspires me and I have been waiting on the update from your kitchen. I want to make some changes too, but haven't seen any of these documentaries people keep talking about...I don't even know where to start making changes, so this helps. Thanks for sharing!! Blogs are awesome. :) I'm so glad I can "keep in touch" with you this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. check out Sappington Market on watson- they have decent prices on free range/organic/local meat & poultry. you have to read all the labels- not all of it is local! but it's worth it- so yummy & much better for us! : )

    ReplyDelete