Thursday, February 16, 2012

13 weeks (and a few days)

I had another doctor's appointment today. I'm not sure what this kiddo is doing but it always takes a few minutes to find the heartbeat. (It feels like an eternity) The nurse practitioner had to chase he/she around my stomach the last time I was there- it was pretty amusing.

I'm still shocked every time I hear the heartbeat. We're actually going to have THREE kids. Holy crap.

My doctor told me today that she wants me to go on bed rest at 34 weeks. Not modified; doing totally nothing. She wants to try to get this kiddo to go full term. MJ was just a few days shy of what's considered full term, and we were both totally healthy, but it would be nice to go further with the next if I can. And, of course, Claire was early at 34 weeks because I developed HELLP.

How long I'm on bed rest will be determined by whether this kiddo is a boy or a girl. Baby girls are just generally stronger than boys. (We learned this with Claire. Every time someone came in my hospital room when I was 33 weeks and sick, they were so happy that she was a SHE!) So if this one is a girl then I will be able to go back to normal activity at 36 weeks because that's considered "safer". If this baby is a boy then I have to stay on bed rest until the end.

So if you need me in July, I plan to be sitting in a pool while other people play with my kiddos. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment