Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunshine and flying kites

Pink eye has officially left the building, and thanks to some medicine, I'm feeling like I can function again. Apparently, I'm going to catch everything going around these days. Awesome.

On a happier note, today was a great day! The sun was shining and it was warmer. Church was awesome. (Seriously, you should go look up the sermon and listen to it.) I was so encouraged by the sermon and just from good conversation with friends. Then we went to the park to have lunch and play with more friends. It was beautiful outside and it was so nice to enjoy it.

Claire has noticed people flying kites at the park before. When Jeremy realized it would be warmer and windy this weekend, he went and bought one. Claire asked all weekend to go fly it but we promised after church.

I wish I had a picture of Jeremy walking over to the field with 5 or 6 little girls (ranging from 7 to 3) following behind him. A few of our Dad-friends followed and they flew the kite for a while.

Jeremy and Claire, of course, stayed long after everyone else got bored and moved on to the play ground. I finally had to convince them that MJ was long over-due for a nap. As soon as I got there in time to watch Claire fly it all by herself, a gust of wind took out the kite and snapped it.

No worries. Claire was fine with the promise of a new one and time to come back. I love that she loves to be outside. Now if only her sister would be a little more tolerable outside. We're working on that.

Please note that Claire picked out this kite: pink and purple with fairies. And she is wearing her absolute favorite dress right now.


1 comment:

  1. That was a great scene when Jeremy led the gaggle of girls to the field with the kite:)

    ReplyDelete