Monday, January 16, 2012

The 1st Pretend Haircut

**No actual hair was lost in this incident. :)

Tonight Claire and MJ were playing in the sunroom when I heard MJ starting to fuss, the kind of fuss that lets me know Claire is bugging her. I walked in and asked what was going on, and Claire replied, "I'm just pretending to cut MJ's hair!" while MJ was trying to cruise away from her.

Now they WERE play scissors from her doctor's kit so no hair would have been lost. Not loving this game, I said, "Now, Claire, I don't really like this game. We're not going to pretend to cut anyone's hair. Please leave your sister alone."

Claire then said, "No, Mama, it's okay. I just PRETEND."

I, of course, said, "No, ma'am. Please give me the scissors and play another game."

Her response?

"Mama, you go read and I'll be real quiet." (still holding the scissors)

Seriously?!

The whole thing ended with her screaming no and it just got uglier.

I have a feeling we're headed toward the terrible (manipulative) 3's!

No comments:

Post a Comment