Friday, January 27, 2012

The Big Girl Bed

Ugh.

That's how I feel about this dang bed right now.

I REFUSE to let this be the end of nap time. But the truth is, Claire was already starting to phase out napping, and this darn bed isn't helping that.

I probably need to accept the fact that we're transitioning to a new phase of life, without a nap.

And the napping thing isn't the worst of it; it's the not going to sleep at night. Last night she was finally quiet at 11. Yes, 11 PM.

I have been spoiled rotten by really good sleepers so now I'm being a a big, whiny baby.

I'm tired.

And now Claire just yelled, "Mama," from the top of the stairs, waking MJ who is now hysterical..... sigh.

2 comments:

  1. When Brody was first doing this, Gavin and Jessica implemented "Quiet Bedroom Time"- which meant just that. Brody went to his room for 30-45 minutes and had to play in there by himself. He couldn't come out, but Gavin and Jessica also told him to NOT go to sleep. That kinda made it less of a fight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that every day this week (except for yesterday when she fell asleep and was actually really tired). The problem is that when she's "done" she comes out of her room and yells- which is 3 steps from MJ who is asleep. My next step is to get one of those alarm clocks with the picture timer so she'll be quiet! I just can't catch her before she wakes up the other one. REALLY annoying. I'm also going to get a few little activities for her to see if that works.

      Delete