Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mad Men and Me

The show "Mad Men" might be bad for my health and for my marriage. I've been watching the series and am in the middle of season 2.

I've had two colds so far this winter, and this one is going on a week. When I get a cold, I cough. BADLY. I'm convinced that watching the amount of smoking on Mad Men is not helping it go away. In fact, I may even cough more when I watch it.

Moving on to my marriage.

I got the mail out of the box on Saturday and on top was a handwritten, small, manilla envelope addressed to my husband. I love receiving mail so, of course, I was anxious to find out for him who it was from and what he got.

Want to know what was in it? An ad from a hotel in Texas.

Oh, but not just ANY ad.

It was a handwritten, nondescript note to my husband by name to visit the hotel with a website all WRITTEN ON A COCKTAIL NAPKIN.

Now, I'm in Season 2 of this show. The men on this show are anything but faithful.

All I had to do was look at my husband and he knew how my thoughts were reeling.

We looked up the website and saw all the ads and then we acknowledged the fact that this show is definitely affecting how I look at him. Probably in more ways than this one. (And I still want to contact the hotel about their scandalous ad campaign, although it worked since we went to the dumb website.)

Oh, Don, why must you be so awful but so great at the same time? And, Peggy, I love the success you've accomplished.

I just can't stop watching.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed out loud as I read this. I love you so much honey. Remember. . . Your husband is a GIANT nerd. He is lucky to be married to you. He is very aware of that, and even more so while traveling on business.

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete