Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh pregnancy

I have wanted to complain all day:

*I'm tired.
*Food sounds disgusting most of the time.
*My back (tailbone) hurts SO BADLY from falling on ice Friday night.
*I'm not sleeping well.
*I want to sleep all day long.
*I just want to eat and feel okay after.
*I want to feel like I'm actually taking care of my kids.
*I want energy.
*I want to feel like going and doing things without making myself.

But I'm not complaining (too much). Well, at least not out loud (all the time).

And I'm convicted. Yes, pregnancy isn't easy for me (is it easy for anyone?) and I might have a right to complain because these symptoms suck. Who really wants to feel hung over for at least 3 months straight? (yes, that's how it feels)

BUT. BUT. I have a growing, healthy baby growing.

I'm blessed.

So I stop in my self-pity and am thankful. Thankful that each time I'm nauseous, I remember that my body is providing for someone else. That when I'm tired, that this baby is growing. (yes, sometimes, most of the time still grumbling) And that God gave us this baby for a reason and at this time.

I'm even more overwhelmed in my conviction because a sweet couple I know is going through something horrendous. Please visit their website and pray for the Anderson's. I cannot stop thinking of them and praying for them.

Life is so fragile.

No comments:

Post a Comment